lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom scoring algorithm and Explanation extending.
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 18:22:18 GMT
Hi Vadim,

Le jeu. 16 nov. 2017 à 18:09, Vadim Gindin <vgindin@detectum.com> a écrit :

> 1. I would like to use my custom scoring algorithm. Is it make sense to use
> Lucene with other scoring algorithm? What is the best way for that -
> implement Similarity and own Queries?

It really depends what you are after. Similarity is the right entry point
if you want to configure how term queries compute their score based on
index statistics. If this is not flexible enough for you then you will need
to implement a custom query.

> 2. I'm reasearching Elasticsearch/Lucene capabilities. Elastichsearch
> contains request parameter "explain" that uses Lucene's Explanation class
> under the hood. But this class covers only scoring aspects. I would like to
> include matching logic details there. It seems a good place but this class
> is final..

Well, you can already do that today, just add sub explanations and put what
you need in the explanation description. If the float value is irrelevant,
you can just pass a dummy value.