lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Gindin <vgin...@detectum.com>
Subject Custom scoring algorithm and Explanation extending.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 17:09:16 GMT
Hello

1. I would like to use my custom scoring algorithm. Is it make sense to use
Lucene with other scoring algorithm? What is the best way for that -
implement Similarity and own Queries?

2. I'm reasearching Elasticsearch/Lucene capabilities. Elastichsearch
contains request parameter "explain" that uses Lucene's Explanation class
under the hood. But this class covers only scoring aspects. I would like to
include matching logic details there. It seems a good place but this class
is final..

Regards,
Vadim Gindin