lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sokolov, Michael" <msoko...@gmail.com>
Subject FunctionValues vs DoubleValuesSource
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 19:39:48 GMT
Hi, I'm trying to implement a complex set of values computed according
to some externally-driven specification, so I am looking at these APIs.
My question is whether there is any way to mix them. I have implemented
some DoubleValuesSources and now I want combine them using sum, max,
etc. I noticed these handy classes over in
o.a.l.queries.function.valuesource, but they seem to be of a different
flavor than the DVS API is designed for. EG DVS is kind of an iterative
API while the functions appear to be random access (you pass them a
docid). I could code up my own DVS for functions like max, sum and so
on, but I wonder if there is some kind of adapter, or at least a
reasonable strategy that would let one mix these apis?

-Mike