lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: howto get LongPoint stored
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:35:09 GMT
Le mer. 25 oct. 2017 à 15:06, Bernd Fehling <bernd.fehling@uni-bielefeld.de>
a écrit :

> But why is it not indexed with LongPoint?
> At least I cannot see it while inspecting with luke-7.1.0.

Good question. I'm not sure whether Luke supports introspecting points.

> And also get no query results for "modified:[0 TO *]".

This is likely a bug in your query parser which creates a TermRangeQuery or
a NumericRangeQuery instead of calling LongPoint.newRangeQuery.

> Feels like LongPoint is a bad replace for LegacyLongField, isn't it?

Actually it is better in almost every way: faster queries, faster indexing,
less memory and less disk. See eg.
https://www.elastic.co/blog/searching-numb3rs-in-5.0.