lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Safaric <dominiksafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Query & reading plongs used by a custom Scorer
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 14:32:49 GMT
I've implemented a custom Query whose responsibilities are as follows.
First, using an instance of a PointValues.IntersectVisitor classifying
documents as hit or not using a plong value. Secondly, calculating custom
scores using another document field, specified in the mapping as plongs.
The later is expected to calculate the custom score using an array of longs
comprised of 46 values.

The problem I am having is performance wise. Namely for calculating the
custom score I'm retrieving the values of the field using
LeafReader.document(docId()) which is a costly process. What alternatives
are there for reading plongs using a LeafReader and DocIdSetIterator within
a custom Scorer implementation?

Thanks in advance.
Dominik