lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Safaric <dominiksafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 7.x custom Scorer on point values
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 09:23:28 GMT
Recently I've implemented a custom Query that in turn scores documents
using a custom Scorer implementation using a long primitive point values.
The associated field is multi valued and has doc values enabled. For
retrieving these multi valued longs I've used LeafReader.document() within
the Scorer implementation. However, the invocation requires iterating
through the space of matching documents which may induce performance
degradations.

Hence my question is, what would be the most efficient implementation of a
custom Scorer that computes scores based on the value of a multi valued
long points field?

Thanks in advance,
Dominik