lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: FunctionValues vs DoubleValuesSource
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 22:25:36 GMT
Hi Mike,

It looks like FunctionValues is a very old API used by many function
queries, while DoubleValuesSource is relatively new (introduced in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5325).

This comment (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5325?focusedCommentId=15235324&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15235324)
on the issue seems to refer to wrapper classes to convert between the old
and new APIs?

I admit the situation is rather confusing; but we've been gradually working
on cutting over modules to the new API.  Patches welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com