lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chitra <chithu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Filter support for string faceting
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:37:34 GMT
Hi,
     As of now, we are implementing faceting (for string fields, indexed
under '$facets' SortedSetDocValueField & for numeric field, gives counts by
numeric range faceting) using Lucene doc values support.

   Our new use-case is to filter the matching documents(for the given
search query) for every/specific dimension facets counts computation. And
this was supported for numeric range faceting using
LongRangeFacetCounts(String
field, ValueSource valueSource, FacetsCollector hits, Filter
fastMatchFilter, LongRange... ranges) which provided filter as a fast
match: only documents passing the filter are checked for the matching
ranges.

Example:
For numeric fields, I can use filter1 in field1 facets counts computation,
filter2 in field2, filter3 in field3 and so on.

Likewise, Is there any way to achieve this behavior in Lucene string
faceting?

Any help is much appreciated.

--
Regards,