lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene 7.x custom Scorer on point values
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 09:43:26 GMT
Hi,

You would need to index that as numeric docvalues. Just add another field of type numeric
docvalues with same or different name and use the LeafReader's docvalues accessors to fetch
values. But that's all way too hard. You can create function queries without hazzle using
the function queries package. Or much better: I'd use the lucene expressions module to do
this. It allows you to express the scoring formula as a javascript formula and use all docvalues
fields in your document to calculate the final score.

In both cases there is no need to create a custom scorer and everything works efficient. Creating
own scorers just for this is way to complicated and not recommended. This leads to usage errors
like you have discovered: slow stored fields, misusage of docvalues APIs (those are iterators,
too) or other problems.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler