lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Diego de Sena GuimarĂ£es <diego.sena.guimar...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Index Size growing
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 11:03:18 GMT
Hi guys, i'm having problems with my lucene index.

Once a day we do a full reindex.

This full index is coded like this..

delete all docs
optimize index
reindex all docs
optimize again
commit
mayberefresh on searcher manager

*The problem is that everytime we do this, the index size is not returning
to its original size.* I know that during this process the index grows and
then should return to its original size.

I noticed that this happens after the app receives a bunch of queries.
I also noticed that the index shrinks when the app is restarted.

I was reading that we should call close on indexReader from time to time
but it's not working either

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Index-keeps-growing-then-shrinks-on-restart-td4168654.html

At the start of the application, the index is 383 MB, i do 500 queries and
then fire the full reindex. The index grows to 1.2GB and then shrinks to
766 MB. I was hoping it should return to its original size since the source
of the data (my Oracle table) has no changes

Here's my DAO class

https://github.com/DiegoSena/lucene-problem/blob/master/AccountDaoImpl.java

Can you help me ?

--