lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sidhant Aggarwal <sidhan...@me.com>
Subject Reopen AnalyzingInfixSuggester Multi Threaded
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 06:23:24 GMT
Hi,

Im using the AnalyzingInfixSuggester for my autocomplete.
So i have a singleton object where I am opening the suggester and  keeping the references.
Many threads are accessing these references and performing searches. But what i want to do
is that my underlying directory where the index is placed is replaced with a new index completely.
So i want to reload this new index and assign it to the singleton indexrefs variable.
How can i achieve this while multiple threads are using these references to perform searches.

I cant use the refresh method on the suggester because that does not reload the index. So
to reload i need to close the old one first and reopen it from the same directory.

Thanks.