lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper issue in lucene 6.6.0
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 12:15:41 GMT
The contract to create a Weight is to repeatedly call rewrite() until the query is no longer
changing, and then call createWeight - IndexSearcher.createNormalizedWeight() will do this
for you.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

> On 6 Jul 2017, at 12:34, Ranganath B N <ranganath.b.n@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Alan. Solution works. But why should we first rewrite?

this query or building a query wrapper, you should either call searcher.createNormalizedWeight(spt2,
true) instead or make sure that your query wrapper rewrites the wrapped queries.