lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ranganath B N <ranganath....@huawei.com>
Subject RE: SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper issue in lucene 6.6.0
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 11:34:31 GMT
Thanks Alan. Solution works. But why should we first rewrite?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Woodward [mailto:alan@flax.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2017 4:36 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Cc: Vadiraj Muradi
Subject: Re: SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper issue in lucene 6.6.0

You need to call SpanNearQuery.rewrite(), and then call createWeight() on the resulting query.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

> On 6 Jul 2017, at 11:54, Ranganath B N <ranganath.b.n@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Adrien,
>
>     This SpanQuery spt2 will be a component of the SpanQueryarray
> input to the constructor of the SpanNearQuery object. Then I call
> SpanNearQuery.createweight(....) which in turn  calls
> SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper.createweight() and the "
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Rewrite first!" is thrown
>
> Thanks,
> Ranganath B. N.

query or building a query wrapper, you should either call searcher.createNormalizedWeight(spt2,
true) instead or make sure that your query wrapper rewrites the wrapped queries.