lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene GeoNear Search and Sort Performance
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2017 21:09:41 GMT
You can use LatLonPoint.newDistanceQuery to get the results within the
specified distance, and then use LatLonDocValuesField.newDistanceSort to
sort by distance, and use the IndexSearcher.search method that takes Sort.
Then the results should be all points within the radius, sorted by
distance.  That should (maybe) be faster than computing haversin yourself
on all hits.

Extending LatLonPoint.nearest to take a distance instead of top N should be
possible ... maybe open an issue?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com