lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Abu Abdullah <falcon.sh...@gmail.com>
Subject Java 9 issues
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 04:32:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to compile my app in java 9 where i hit an issue related to
the module system of java 9. the current lucene libraries (JARs) have
the same classes in multiple JARs (considered modules in java9). the
error thrown is:

error: module ant reads package org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard
from both lucene.core and lucene.analyzers.common
error: module lucene.highlighter reads package
org.apache.lucene.search from both lucene.sandbox and lucene.core
error: module lucene.highlighter reads package
org.apache.lucene.document from both lucene.sandbox and lucene.core
error: module lucene.highlighter reads package
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard from both lucene.core and
lucene.analyzers.common

and many more ...

the module system checks that no two named modules split a package.
the only option i have seen to solve this is to use the --patch-module
but it seems not working for me e.g.

javac --module-path lib --patch-module
lucene.core=lucene.analyzers.common -d mods/com.myApp
src/module-info.java src/com/myApp/*

any support is appreciated