lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Smiley <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene GeoNear Search and Sort Performance
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:21:36 GMT
Oooooh yes.... So in 5.x there was no DocValues option for this
SpatialStrategy impl which is a shame of course.  You could take the code
for 6.x:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/branch_6x/lucene/spatial-extras/src/java/org/apache/lucene/spatial/vector/PointVectorStrategy.java
and back port it to Lucene 5x.  It shouldn't be too hard.  Since you only
need this for distance sorting, you could only port what's needed; have
makeQuery(...) throw an exception.  createIndexableFields need only output
a 2-element array, one for each DoubleDocValuesField.

~ David