lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Uwe Schindler <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Re: How to fetch documents for which field is not defined
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:12:07 GMT
That is the "Solr" answer. But it is slow like hell.

In Lucene there is a natove query named FieldValueQuery already for this. It requires DocValues
enabled for the field.

IMHO, the best and fastest variant (also to Solr users) is to add a separate multivalued string
field named 'fieldnames' where you index all field named that have a value. After that you
can query on this using the field name. Elasticsearch is doing the field name approach for
exists/not exists by default.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler