lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper issue in lucene 6.6.0
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 11:05:37 GMT
You need to call SpanNearQuery.rewrite(), and then call createWeight() on the resulting query.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

> On 6 Jul 2017, at 11:54, Ranganath B N <ranganath.b.n@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Adrien,
>
>     This SpanQuery spt2 will be a component of the SpanQueryarray input to the constructor
of the SpanNearQuery object. Then I call SpanNearQuery.createweight(....) which in turn  calls

> SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper.createweight() and the " java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Rewrite first!" is thrown

> Thanks,
> Ranganath B. N.

query or building a query wrapper, you should either call searcher.createNormalizedWeight(spt2,
true) instead or make sure that your query wrapper rewrites the wrapped queries.