lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sc <scattaman...@4info.com>
Subject Re: Lucene GeoNear Search and Sort Performance
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:19:46 GMT
Hi,

 Thanks for your suggestions that worked perfectly.

But unfortunately our current application is still using JDK 1.7 and it
would take a while to move to JDK 1.8. So I started using older version of
Lucene 5.5.4 which supports 1.7, but its not working smoothly. I  must be
doing something wrong while writing index.

I am using the example from here
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/branch_5x/lucene/spatial/src/test/org/apache/lucene/spatial/SpatialExample.java

 Indexing:

                Document doc = new Document();
		doc.add(new StoredField("id", id));

		Point pt = ctx.makePoint(longitude, latitude);
		for (IndexableField f : strategy.createIndexableFields(pt)) {
			doc.add(f);
		}

		doc.add(new StoredField(strategy.getFieldName(), pt.getX() + " " +
pt.getY()));

		return doc;

Searching:

		Point p = ctx.makePoint(lng, lat);
		Circle c = ctx.makeCircle(lng, lat, deg);
		SpatialArgs args = new SpatialArgs(SpatialOperation.Intersects, c);
		Query query = strategy.makeQuery(args);

		ValueSource valueSource = strategy.makeDistanceValueSource(p);
		Sort distSort = new
Sort(valueSource.getSortField(false)).rewrite(searcher);

		int limit = 10;
		TopDocs topDocs = searcher.search(query, limit, distSort);

When running on loading index, its throwing OutOfMemory Exception. I
increased the memory to 4G and its failed.

Any Suggestions,

Thanks Much.