lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Florian Buetow <fbue...@mimecast.com>
Subject Memory footprint of individual indices at runtime
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 17:09:26 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know (or estimate) how much memory an opened index consumes inside the JVM
(heap) and outside the JVM (fs buffers?).

To my understanding the amount of memory inside the JVM depends on performed searches and
search results which might be cached by Lucene.
However, I am not yet able to see a way to get that information on a per index basis when
multiple indices have been opened and queried.

I would be grateful if someone could point me into the right direction for this one.

Many thanks!

Cheers

Florian

Florian Buetow