lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Frederik Van Hoyweghen <frederik.vanhoyweg...@chapoo.com>
Subject Issues with locked indices
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 10:36:21 GMT
Hi,

We are currently experiencing some issues where the lock on our index isn't
being released properly (for some reason). Our indexing process ends with
close() being called on all the writers that were used in the indexing
process.

We currently use the default NativeFSLockFactory
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_3_0/core/org/apache/lucene/store/NativeFSLockFactory.html>
but
are considering trying one of the other ones.
I am looking at SimpleFSlockFactory
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_3_0/core/org/apache/lucene/store/SimpleFSLockFactory.html>
where
the only code change would be to unlock the index directory before indexing
to account for any abnormal JVM exits.

Is this something that would function well in both a local storage/NFS
based environment?
This is my only worry since some of our servers use NFS while others use
local storage.

For good measure, the exception I am getting is:
LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: NativeFSLock@
/home/DEV01/index/1/write.lock

This is on a non-NFS system.

Kind regards,