lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SpanNearQuery Class issue
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:18:05 GMT
Hmmm, now I can add crore to lakh as a unit of counting....

2B documents in a single core is right at the limit that Lucene can
handle. Since internal IDs are ints, that's the limit. And deleted
documents that haven't been merged away count as well.

So if you're saying you have 2B docs in a single core I suspect you're
running into some kind of overflow issue (although IIRC you should be
seeing warnings in your logs).

Or am I misunderstanding?

Best,
Erick

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:46 PM, Ranganath B N
<ranganath.b.n@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     This is regarding the search limit of  SpanNearQuery Class.  I create a lucene index
 consisting of 2 billion documents  and search the index using  SpanNearQuery class object
 in  Searcher.search(Query query, int n).  But the search method returns
> Results only if search terms are within first  6 crore   inserted  documents.   Am I
missing  anything during initialization so that search is getting restricted or is this a
limitation issue with  SpanNearQuery Class?