lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Riccardo Tasso <riccardo.ta...@gmail.com>
Subject Replicator and Writer deletion policy
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 07:25:54 GMT
I am studying a solution which uses lucene replicator components (I'm on
lucene 4.10.4) and I've found some documentation on the javadoc and in some
blog posts.

When my IndexWriter commits it produces a Revision which is sent to the
ReplicationClient.

To be sure of keeping data untill the replica is finished I've set the
SnapshotDeletionPolicy for my IndexWriter. Anyway I am observing the growth
of the master index while the replica remains much smaller.

Should I explicity release my Revision? Which is the right moment to do it?

Thanks,
 Riccardo