lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sc <scattaman...@4info.com>
Subject Lucene GeoNear Search and Sort Performance
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:06:15 GMT
Hi,

   I have similar requirement of searching points within a radius of 50m.
Loaded 100M latlon, indexed/searching with LatLonDocValuesField. Currently,
I am testing it on my macbook pro.

I have tested with all Directory(RAM/FS/MMap) types, but it takes  > 3-4
secs to do search/sort to return of 5 points with in radius of 50m.

I am looking to reduce search/sort time < 10ms. I have allocated 4g of RAM
for the java process which is more than sufficient.

Code: Indexing

		doc.add(new LatLonDocValuesField("loc", latitude, longitude));

Searching:
                searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexReader);
                Sort sortField = new
Sort(LatLonDocValuesField.newDistanceSort("loc", minLat, minLng));
                Query latlonQuery =
LatLonDocValuesField.newDistanceQuery("loc", minLat, minLng, 50);

                TopDocs docs = searcher.search(latlonQuery, 5, sortField);

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,