lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sc <scattaman...@4info.com>
Subject Re: Term Dictionary taking up lots of memory, looking for solutions, lucene 5.3.1
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 15:49:22 GMT
Hi,

   I have similar requirement of searching points within a radius of 50m.
Loaded 100M latlon, indexed/searching with LatLonDocValuesField. I am
testing it on my macbook pro.

I have used all Directory(RAM/FS/MMap) types but it takes 3-4 secs to do
search/sort to return of 5 points with in radius of 50m.

I am looking to reduce search/sort time to 10ms. I have 4g of RAM for the
java process which is more than sufficient.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
sc