lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Docvalues to a Field
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 15:49:06 GMT
In a word, "no". You must re-index from scratch. Worse, now that you
have some segments thinking the fields are docValues and some not and
maybe some mixed, I know of no way to un-entangle them.

I'd create a new collection and re-index it entirely, then use
collection aliasing to point the applications at the new collection.

Best,
Erick