lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From aravinth thangasami <aravinththangas...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding Docvalues to a Field
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 09:49:02 GMT
Hi all,

On process of moving to Lucene 5 from Lucene 4, we faced this following
issue
We have enabled doc values in Lucene 5.we previously don't used doc values
in Lucene 4

Using UninvertingReader, sorting works fine until the first merge happens.
On merge documents in the older version without doc values affect the
sorting order.

Is there any way to solve this issue without reindexing ???

What is  your opinion on it ?

I was thinking about these two ways.will these possible ?

1. Does Uninverting Reader can be made to store the formed doc values to
disk ?
2. During merge, does IndexWriter can be made to write the doc values for
documents without doc value ?

Thanks
Aravinth