lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Highlighting and delineating Passages (fragmenting)
Date Tue, 30 May 2017 15:27:24 GMT

Yes, this is spot-on what I need with regard to copyTo fields, thanks
for the link!

> Or are the overlaps coming from passage offset ranges from separate queries to the same
content?

The overlaps are caused by the fact that we have multiple sources of
highlight data -- the query is one, our own scope/ features is another
(and they can overlap). So the highlighter we wrote pretty much
doesn't care about where the "highlights" come from or whether they
are contiguous, overlapping or nested -- it will figure out how to
properly reorganize them into a tree structure (there are scenarios
which require splitting a highlight into multiple chunks for example),
score them and return the best passages. We take only hit offset data
from UH (and it's a great helper here, given the complexity of the
task).

I may return to this later on, depending on how the project progresses
-- if so, I'd love to somehow help make the "default" highlighting
better (or easier to use).

Dawid