lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com>
Subject Un-used index files are not getting released
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 16:09:51 GMT
Hi all,
We recently switched to Lucene 6.5 from 2.9 and we have an issue that the files in index directory
are not getting released after the IndexWriter finishes up writing a batch of documents. We
are using IndexFolder.listFiles().length to check the number of files in index folder. We
have even tried closing/reopening the IndexWriter/SearcherManager/MMapDirectory after indexing
each batch to see if that would release the files but it didn't. When we shutdown the tomcat
and restart it, only then we see that number drop, which proves that there were some deleted
files still held by Lucene somewhere. Can you please direct me on what needs to be checked?

------
Regards
-Siraj Haider
(212) 306-0154

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged,
sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
(electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above
to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.