lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which is More Efficient Way of storing Doc Values
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:07:03 GMT
What kind of lead time to your production system? Erik Hatcher is
doing some really exciting things with Payloads. The idea here is that
you have one field where the store ID has a "payload", and you use
that in scoring. Here's the (currently painful) hard way to do this.
While more work on your part it'll would be much more efficient than
either of the alternatives you mention:

https://lucidworks.com/2014/06/13/end-to-end-payload-example-in-solr/

If you don't want to go there, then <1> is much better than <2>,
assuming the number of fields stays below, say, 1,000 or so.

The Solr JIRA Erik is working on:

Best,
Erick