lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autocomplete using facet labels?
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:00:20 GMT
First take a look at autosuggest. That does some great stuff if you
can build the autocomplete dictionary only periodically, which can be
somewhat expensive. See:
https://lucidworks.com/2015/03/04/solr-suggester/

There are lighter-weight ways to autosuggest that should be extremely
fast, in particular index your stuff backwards in a suggest field as:
John Doe - Author

and use TermsComponent on that for instance. TermsComponent is pretty
literal, i.e. it's case-sensitive but you can send terms.prefix=jo and
case things properly on the app side.

Best,
Erick