lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Automata and Transducer on Lucene 6
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 21:16:06 GMT
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@gmail.com> wrote:

- Automaton etc. are completely independent and used for slightly different
> purposes (it's brics library ported to Lucene). Again -- tests will be
> helpful to understand how they work. These classes use object
> representation of states and nodes

One small correction: we moved away from objects to more compact int[] a
while ago for our automata implementation.

+1 to use the tests to learn how things work; I don't know of any guide /
high level documentation for these low level classes, sorry.  Maybe write
it up yourself and set it free somewhere online ;)

The union method is now in oal.util.automata.Operations

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com