lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: A question over TokenFilters
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:32:11 GMT
Hi,
LimitTokenCountFilter is used to index first n tokens. May be it can inspire you.

Ahmet
On Friday, April 21, 2017, 6:20:11 PM GMT+3, Edoardo Causarano <edoardo.causarano@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hi all.

I’m relatively new to Lucene, so I have a couple questions about writing custom filters.

The way I understand it, one would extend org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenFilter and override
#incrementToken to examine the current token provided by a stream token producer.

I’d like to write some logic that considers the last n seen tokens therefore I need to access
this context as the filter chain is scanning the stream.

Can anyone point to an example of such a construct?

Also, how would I access and update this context keeping multithreading in mind? Actually,
what is the treading model of a TokenStream, can anyone point out a good summary for it?

TIA

Best,
Edoardo