lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: CharacterUtils can't use getInstance method in Lucene 6.5.0
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 19:31:47 GMT
Hi,

in 6.2 it moved to Lucene core: https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_5_0/core/org/apache/lucene/analysis/CharacterUtils.html

The getInstance method is no longer there, because there was for long time only one useable
instance available (the other one got deprecated) - it was quasi a singleton. When we moved
it to core, the singleton was converted to a utility class with only static methods.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen