lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Maros Urbanec <Maros.Urba...@comptel.com>
Subject Lucene 6: Recommended way to store numeric values, given the need to form term vocabulary?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 15:11:34 GMT
Lucene beginner here, please excuse me if I’m asking anything obvious.

In Lucene 6, LongField and IntField were renamed to LegacyLongField and LegacyIntField, deprecated
with a JavaDoc suggestion to use LongPoint and IntPoint classes instead.

However, it seems impossible to build a term vocabulary (=enumerate all distinct values) of
these XPoint fields.

As a third option, one can add a field of class NumericDocValuesField. I tried hardtop search
through documentation, alas found no way of building term vocabulary either.

Is there a non-deprecated way of indexing a numeric field in Lucene 6, given the requirement
to build a term vocabulary?
Disclaimer: This message and any attachments thereto are intended solely for the addressed
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail (including any attachments
thereto) without producing, distributing or retaining any copies thereof. Any review, dissemination
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. Thank you.