lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Corbin, J.D." <jd.cor...@pearson.com>
Subject Re: search any field name having a specific value
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 20:13:24 GMT
Hi, I am not sure if there is a way to specify a search against all fields
in the index without knowing the fields.

WildcardQuery probably won't work since it does target a specific field
within the index.  The specification of the index field comes in the
definition of the Term that is passed as an argument to the constructor.

Also, not sure what your specific use case is, but there is no guarantee
that all the documents in the index contain the same field definitions.  An
index can contain documents with varying numbers and types of fields.s