lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chitra <chithu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Dynamic Numeric Range Faceting
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 15:31:50 GMT
Hey mike, I will extend our discussion here...

http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2013/05/dynamic-faceting-with-lucene.html?showComment=1489073190241#c6096569735718999485

          We need some clarifications regarding dynamic range Faceting.

1.In earlier version like lucene-4-10-4(we are using) multi-faceting for a
numeric field is not working while adding it on drilldownQuery.

say:

DrillDownQuery.add(Dim, Query) --- API

DrillDownQuery.add("price",NumericRangeQuery);
DrillDownQuery.add("price",NumericRangeQuery1);

And in later version 6.4.1 it was supported... We try to reuse this class
in 4.10.4 version. But the class was declared as final. why was it
(DrillDownQuery class) defined as final? Any specific purpose?

2. If we can override buildFacetsResult method in DrillSideWays (for
numeric or multi-numeric faceting), then why can't we override
drilldownquery for multi-select faceting?? Both the classes are
inter-connected.

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions...

Thanks,
Chitra