lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicolás Lichtmaier <nicol...@wolfram.com>
Subject Adding TokenFilters to a CustomAnalyzer is too inflexible
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:59:33 GMT
I'm using a CustomAnalyzer.Builder to set up an analyzer. I now would
like to add synonym processing, I already have the SynonymMap in memory.
But the builder interface only takes String arguments. Wouldn't it be a
good thing to add a method to CustomAnalyzer.Builder to add a
TokenFilter object already constructed, instead of only being able to
pass a class name? That is: overload the addTokenFilter method to do
this: builder.addTokenizer(new MyTokenFilter(....));

Am I missing something?

Should I create a patch with this minor modification and send it?

Thanks!