lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kameron Cole" <kameronc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject operators within quoted queries
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:36:54 GMT
I have noticed odd behavior in the query

"Conceal and Carry"

I have legal customers who need to find exactly this phrase because, as
you know, it refers to a specific set of gun laws.

However, this query is not behaving like a traditional quoted query - my
assumption is that a quoted string is not in any way manipulated by the
search engine.  Yet, this query is definitely behaving like a boolean AND
query.  In other words, the results are "Conceal" AND "Carry".   The
assumption would be that you would get only documents with the exact
phrase "Conceal and Carry"

Is there a built-in mechanism that finds operators/stop-words within
quoted queries?