lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: SynonymFilterFactory deprecated since 6.4.0
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 17:39:01 GMT
On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 2:40 AM, Bernd Fehling
<bernd.fehling@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> I tried SynonymGraphFilter with my setup and it works right away.
> It payed of that I did some modifications on my filters while
> testing 6.3 with my setup.

Good!

> I only replaced SynonymFilter with SynonymGraphFilter and did not
> use FlattenGraphFilter, pretty simple. So I can confirm that, up
> to this point, SynonymGraphFilter is a full replacement for
> SynonymFilter. At least for search-time synonym handling.
>
> But this also means there is still some work with the attributes, right?
> Position looks good, type and start are no problem anyway, but
> the end position is still wrong and the positionLength for multi-word
> synonyms.

Can you give an example or make a small test case?
PositionLengthAttribute is supposed to be correct coming out of
SynonymGraphFilter.

> One thing I noticed was that the originating token which "produces"
> synonyms comes out last from SynonymGraphFilter, after the
> "produced" synonyms.
> I will have a look inside with debugger but I guess this is due
> to output buffering of SynonymGraphFilter?

Yeah they do come out in a different order, which token filters are
allowed to do in general for all tokens leaving from the same position

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com