lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: MappedByteBuffer duplicates
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:39:00 GMT
Hi,

that is not an issue, the duplicates are required for so called IndexInput clones and splices.
Every search request will create many of them. But there is no need to worry, they are just
thin wrappers - they don't allocate any extra off-heap memory. They are just there to have
a separate position(), limit() and other settings for each searcher thread.

Why do you worry?
Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler