lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <trej...@trypticon.org>
Subject Re: Replacement for Filter-as-abstract-class in Lucene 5.4?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 23:31:12 GMT
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 4:25 AM, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Uwe, maybe we could promote ConstantScoreWeight to an experimental API and
> document how to build simple queries based on it?

In the future now, looking at Lucene 6.3 Javadocs, where Filter is now
gone, and it seems that ConstantScoreWeight is still @lucene.internal
(and awfully hard to understand how it can do much at all...). Did we
ever get a replacement class for this use case for Filter? I read
something about solr taking a copy of the class over in its code,
which might be what we have to do here, but I wanted to check first.

TX