lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apply Lucene Query on Bits
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 14:35:18 GMT
Do I get it right that you have a query that defines a set of visible
documents, and you want to make sure that your FilterReader only sees those
documents?

If this is the case, then you could use FixedBitSet.or to load the
Scorer.iterator() into a FixedBitSet, and then maintain two caches:
 - one from the core cache key to the bit set of visible documents,
 - one from the core and deletes cache key to the number of documents in
the index, this numDocs could be recomputed by iterating the bit set of
visible documents, and counting how many of them are not deleted.