lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Duke DAI <duke.dai....@gmail.com>
Subject Hardcoded checksum mechanism in BlockTreeTermsReader
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 10:25:10 GMT
Hi all,

I'm customizing Lucene Directory, which extends o.a.l.store.Directory based
on database files. I do not need checksum again on IndexIndex and
IndexOutput.

But in BlockTreeTermsReader constructor, following code open a
hard-coded BufferedChecksumIndexInput to checksum on raw IndexInput. I have
to use CRC32 on IndexOutput to make through it. Is there any more graceful
way to do checksum, such as let Directory construct a checksum instance
instead of API Directory.openChecksumInput ?

      String indexName = IndexFileNames.segmentFileName(segment,
state.segmentSuffix, TERMS_INDEX_EXTENSION);
      indexIn = state.directory.openInput(indexName, state.context);
      CodecUtil.checkIndexHeader(indexIn, TERMS_INDEX_CODEC_NAME, version,
version, state.segmentInfo.getId(), state.segmentSuffix);
      CodecUtil.checksumEntireFile(indexIn);

Best regards,
Duke
If not now, when? If not me, who?