lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hans Lund <ha.l...@gmail.com>
Subject FieldValueQuery
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 13:39:02 GMT
Hi All

As far as I can see FieldValueQuery ends up with fetching Bits from
DocValues.

But I'm having the need for similar functionality for Fields without
DocValue like String and TextFields and was wondering if some has had the
same issue and found a good solution.

I'm also having problems with figuring out what the purpose of the query is
from usage perspective as it is a highly specialized query for questions
like find docs that can be sort on field "foo".

For now I've circumvented it by extending the IndexWriter and within the
addDocument method create a new binaryDocValueField
with empty ByteRefs for all IndexableField having DocValueType ==
DocValueTypes.NONE.

It works but is not a pretty solution, but is there any alternatives?

/Hans Lund