lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter and IndexReader in a shared environment
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 19:21:55 GMT
Since the last time you called IW.commit, yes.

IW.commit also determines visibility to IndexReaders opened on that
same directory.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Siraj Haider <siraj@jobdiva.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> You said "periodically calling IW.commit when you need durability". Does it mean that
if the program dies without calling the IW.commit() all the index changes would be lost that
were not commited?

> ------
> Regards
> -Siraj Haider
> (212) 306-0154

the searcher.  Periodically (ideally from a separate
> thread) call SM.maybeRefresh so the searcher sees the latest indexing changes.
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Desteny Child <myshareit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In my Spring Boot application I have implemented 2 API endpoints - one
>> for Lucene(I use 5.2.1) document indexing and another one for searching.
>>
>> Right now I open every time on each request IndexWriter and IndexReader.
>> With a big index it works pretty slow.
>>
>> I know that there is a possibility to use single IndexWriter  and
>> IndexReader in a shared environment. There is SearcherManager or
>> something like this for this purpose.
>>
>> I can't find a good example for this for Lucene 5. Could you please
>> share with me this example ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Alex

> This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged,
sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
(electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above
to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.