lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Increase in ByteBufferImpl class heap size in longevity run
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 10:50:21 GMT
If you are actively indexing and opening new near-real-time readers,
the number of segments in your index will increase, which means the
number of open input files (corresponding to instances of
ByteBufferIndexInput.SingleBufferImpl) will be created.  So it's
expected its heap usage grows, but the growth should taper as Lucene
merges small segments into larger ones ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Mukul Ranjan <mranjan@egain.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We ran longevity Load testing run for 96 hour in our application using lucene 5.5.2 for
text search. We have observed that there is significant change in heap size of org.apache.lucene.store.ByteBufferIndexInput$SingleBufferImpl<mat://object/0x740b63a68>.

> Size of this class increased from 7 MB to 15 MB from day1 to day4 for this class. We
were adding some document in indexing in parallel. But we do not excepted to increase in size
of this class that much.