lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com>
Subject Warming Indexes
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 20:14:39 GMT
Hi,

We are in the process of moving from lucene 2.9 to 6.3. We are going to use SearcherManager
and SearcherFactory classes for the first time and are wondering on how to warm our indexes
the first time. Below are the snippets of code, where we create our IndexWriter and SearcherManager.
And then we use searcherManager.acquire() to get IndexSearcher. Can somebody please guide
us on how to implement search warming? Would we need to warm each IndexSearcher that we get
from .acquire()?

   IndexWriter indexWriter = new IndexWriter(new NIOFSDirectory(new File(_indexLocation).toPath()),
writer_config);
    SearcherManager searcherManager = new SearcherManager(indexWriter, new SearcherFactory());

------
Regards
-Siraj Haider
(212) 306-0154

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged,
sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
(electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above
to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.