lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Causse <no...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: <DKIM> TimeLimitingCollector accuracy
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 10:59:10 GMT
Le 21/12/2016 à 13:27, David Causse a écrit :
> But given that some efforts have been done to separate sub scorers
> from "top-level" scorers (see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5487) would it make sense
> now to make BulkScorers aware of some time constraints?

Looking a bit closer I don't think this could help to resolve accuracy
problems, maybe it'd help a bit when a TwoPhaseIterator is available to
check the timeout before calling twoPhase#matches()...

Anyways, if someone has suggestions on how to write a time-bounded query
that wants to return partial results (and still informs the Collector
that it's partial) given that the costly operation happens in
twoPhase#matches() it'd be much appreciated.

Currently I ended up writing an ugly workaround that I'm too shameful to
share :)

Thanks!