lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Warming Indexes
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 20:33:43 GMT
Hi,

How about subclassing SearcherFactory and include warming there?
https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_3_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/SearcherFactory.html

Refer especially to the last bullet point. As described there to do warming in the background
without blocking in the near realtime case, use warmers on IndexWriter.setMergedSegmentWarmer()
instead. This has the effect that only new index segments are warmed as needed instead of
the whole index on every reopen.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler